
Eli is now almost 11 weeks old. He had his 2 month check up the other week and weighted in at 10 lbs 2 oz. He got his shots which was hard on me. Not so much getting the actual shots, but the aftermath. Jeremiah never seemed to have a bad time with soreness after his shots. Eli did. He pretty much screamed in pain any time you move or touched him for about 24 hours after he got his shots. And I do mean screamed! Not just a "I'm mad and don't feel good" cry...but an all out 'I'm in extreme pain and it's not going away" type cry. It broke my heart cause I couldn't do much to help him. Thank God that's over...even if it's just for a few months. They also found out he has something called
Tracheomalacia (
sp?) which
basically means his
trachea is underdeveloped and that's why he chokes
a lot while eating and he makes grunting or
squeaking sounds when he breaths sometimes. He has a very mild version of this and will grow out of it by around 18 months. So
basically all we have to do is thicken his feedings with Rice Cereal.
I've also been giving him some formula along with the
breast milk I've been pumping because I'm not making as much milk as he wants to eat. It didn't take long before we could tell that Eli has a reaction to milk based formula. He had a rash all over his face that would come and go...and got worse not long after he got the formula.
Eli's formula induced rash.

After we switched to Soy formula things cleared up in no time.
Jeremiah is still being an awesome big brother and even tries to play with Eli now...even though all Eli does is sit there and smile at him. Still it's cute to see Jeremiah interact with his little brother. Tomorrow I'm taking Jeremiah to Pittsburgh to see the Dora and Diego Live show. He LOVES Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go. So I'm sure I'll have more photos to post soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment