Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hallelujah

Well today was Sunday and even though Eric was working I got the kids up and out the house for church this morning. It's funny how God can convict you so easily. In all honesty while I was trying to get myself and 2 little ones ready and at church on time I was thinking to myself that this was pretty much going to be a waste of my time and effort. I thought for sure that I would spend 2 hours trying to get us all ready and out the door only to end up sitting in the nursery the whole time because Jeremiah wouldn't want to stay up there with out me. Well not only did he stay up in the nursery without me, but God really used him to bless me (and convict me at the same time). He stayed in the service during Praise and Worship which he normally does cause he loves to clap and dance around to the music. We started off by singing Hallelujah, The Lord Almighty Reigns. You know the song that goes.....Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah The Lord reigns Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah The Lord almighty reigns He has shown His awesome power He has triumphed mightily He's the victor over darkness and the grave He has broken chains that bound us He has set the prisoner free By His own great mercy we are saved.

So anyway as I was holding Eli and watching Jeremiah clap, standing next to my mother-in-law...every time after we would say Hallelujah for the third time Jeremiah would yell out as loud as he could "Ha ya you ya" aka hallelujah. At first it tickled me cause I thought he was just trying to sing along with us, but even after the songs changed and we sang 3 or 4 more song (which didn't even have the word Hallelujah in them) he would still yell out "Ha ya you ya" ever minute or so until we were done signing.
The more I saw him say it...it was honestly like he was praising the Lord. He got no laughs or praise from me or my mother-in-law for saying that. So I know he wasn't saying it just because he saw or knew we thought it was funny...but I really think my precious little gift from God was praising the Lord in his own way.
And here I had been complaining in my own mind earlier about how this was just going to be a waste of time on my part....The Lord showed me that even if all I do is sit in the nursery for the whole service...still I need to go because it not just about me. My son...even at the tender age of 2 is being fed God's love by seeing and experiencing going to church. I can't express the warmth it brought to my heart to see Jeremiah clapping and praising the Lord today in church. He wasn't just mimicking others...he was truly praising the Lord I feel. As a mother...what could be better then seeing your child love and praise Jesus???

1 comment:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwww What a nice post. We can learn so much from our kids.

    ReplyDelete